Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Improved Palmer Square

For this unit called "Flow" I was assigned to choose a neighborhood and improve its surroundings or the neighborhood itself. In this unit, we learned about different cities and how their cities are built and why. We learned what is good and bad about our city and what is urban planning itself and how that influences in our city and neighborhoods. I chose Palmer square in Logan Square because it's a huge park in a walk-able area. I am most proud of completing my model on time and choosing this area in my neighborhood. The most challenging about this action project was improving the place I chose because it's so big.

The five improvements I chose to add in the neighborhood was:

  • Benches 
  • Skate Park
  • Gated Park
  • Water Park
  • Basketball Court
The reasons why I chose these improvements were because Palmer Square Park is extremely huge and filled with trees, path ways and plenty of beautiful grass. The middle section of Palmer Square Park has sort of a play area for children and the rest of the park is open for any activities. Since there's a lot of free space I decided to put a basketball court on the left side of the park. A skate park by the children's playground with benches. 




No comments:

Post a Comment