Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Pinhole Camera

For this course "Light, Sound and Time" This unit is called light, it’s about the history behind light and how light works, how we perceive light and how light travels. We learned the different principles that have to do with light. My class and I learned how to measure waves, crest to crest and crest to trough. We also learned what is refraction and what refraction does to light and objects. This course was mostly about light, we were assigned to make a pinhole camera to see how light works on a pinhole camera and how the camera works by itself. I learned a lot of math and the differences on light and how it can affects what we can see and what we cannot see, because of refraction on light. The most challenging thing was the math part in the process on making the pinhole. Putting the math in it's right places was the most difficult and looking for the tangent.

My pinhole camera is made to take pictures, how my camera will take pictures is by letting the light through the pinhole that was made in the front. My pinhole camera will not perform refraction because it only happens when light is on one medium to another and my camera will be surrounded by air therefore, there is no refraction when light tries to go through the pinhole. How the camera will take a picture is by having photo-sensitive paper inside the pinhole camera, how it will be developed is by a dark room so that the picture doesn't ruin. It will also be developed in some special chemicals and then you have your pinhole picture. The reason why I covered my pinhole camera with black paper was so that the photo-sensitive paper wouldn't shine light to it and ruin the photo-sensitive paper.


JR. (2016). Pinhole Camera

My camera demonstrates light which equals energy, I chose this principle because the photo-sensitive paper will be get the light from the pin hole and it will develop right after it gets in the dark room. I measured the pinhole to the back which was 4 inches, pinhole to the bottom was 2.5 inches and the complete height of the water bottle was 10.5. 


JR. (2016). Pinhole Picture
When I placed my pinhole camera in front of the brat doll with the lights, I uncovered the pinhole and let the light go through so that the photo-sensitive paper can develop once I covered the shutter. The shutter speed was 3 minutes and covered it with duck tape and took my camera into the dark room so it can develop. This is the results that I got with the pinhole camera. If I could do something differently would be the time, because maybe if I left it longer my picture would've developed better and it would look more clear. I would also know the angle I would put my pinhole camera because as you see in the picture above it looks sort of slanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment