Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

Discrimination On Women

The topic that I chose was Discrimination on women/girls, this is for everyone to know and hear. These are most of the topics that came to mind about discrimination on women and girls.
- Color
- Gender (sexuality, sports)
- Personality
- Style
- (Judgmental)


"George Allen Football." N.p., 12 Dec. 2014. Web


I know I made more than one topic but the one that stands out the most to me is, Gender and more related to sports. I am an athletic girl and I love playing sports and being active. Whenever I play, I get discriminated a lot on my gender because I'm "supposedly" not good or I'm weak, because I'm a girl. I chose this argument because it's something I've been through and it's something hard to face alone, especially when you want to achieve in something you love doing and engaged in a lot and also being apart of a team and show people that even if you're a girl or women you're not weak and you're capable of doing what a man can do and be as strong as a man too.


This argument began because it's a big issue in our age and generation. I've experienced it, seen it and also done it too. I am not going to lie, I sometimes do discriminate other girls for not being so athletic as me or for not putting the same effort. I know what I've done and I try to stop and make myself better and show other girls that they're not alone and they can also be athletic like me. I want students and people to look up to me for being a girl and facing reality and that it's possible. I want to change the stereotyping and the discrimination on women and girls. I just find it very uncultured, uneducated of students and people and the most important the blunt expressions and sayings that are heard and given to these students/people.


The structure of my argument is no matter what gender you are, you're capable to achieve, succeed and be better than anyone else. As long as put in your time, effort and commitment, then your good. If you practice you'll become more better and you'll be less seen as weak or not good as for others. For example, when I play catch or play a football game with guys. I get the look like "She can't throw", "Let me move on up, cause she might not throw as far", "She's a girl", "She doesn't know anything about Football". WRONG! Yes, I'm a girl but because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't be good at something like a man can. It's sad to know that others put you down without even speaking, but as soon as I throw the ball I make them run and look at me like "Dang, how you do that?", "How you know how to throw?", "who taught you?" I get all these questions and compliments right after and it's okay but you still discriminated me because of my gender and that's why I want it to stop and change the way women are looked at in sports in our generation.




No comments:

Post a Comment