Pages

Friday, March 18, 2016

Iphones Vs. Android

Hi I am JR and for this 3rd action project in my Argument class, I was assigned to choose an argument in which will have a antithesis to it. The argument I chose for this third action project was Iphones vs. Android. I chose this argument because I actually own both phones and I also leave one aside while I use the one I really like. The most challenging thing about this action project was finding facts about both phones and getting all the information in the right places. What I learned in the Argument class was basically the study of arguments, reform and structure. I learned to handle arguments differently than how I used to handle arguments but now I know I have to come to synthesis whenever an argument comes up. What I am most proud of is getting this action project done on time and being able to learn about both phones and how both are so different than what people think they are both the same. Enjoy!

Thesis:

When it comes to the ongoing Iphone vs. Android debate, I argue because it’s something hard to choose against, they’re both good phones but depending on which android phone it is. Some Android phones do work perfectly fine and they are as good as Iphones. I am an Iphone user who once had an android phone and I think I made the best choice switching to Apple. The reason why I believe this, is because Apple Iphones:

  • Are better looking 
  • Iphones get the best apps first 
  • Iphone 5s and up have a fingerprint sensor
  • Are better organizing tools 

Now, there is plenty of evidence supporting my argument. Android phones are regular phones; they still work but the majority of Americans tend to buy Apple Iphones the most. Iphones have better phone quality, camera quality and giving functionality. This debate really divides people who are committed to their Iphones or Androids, and it can get very intense. In fact, as I was researching I found a website where they were talking about two roommates in Oklahoma almost stabbed each other to death while having this same debate. People get so heated over team Apple or team Android, it’s crazy. I would highly recommend to anybody to get an Iphone because they are better to connect with other phones and the internet, have a fast working network, and their software updates itself and also the new updates arrive quicker than Android software. Apple makes these phones for a very good reason, which is money. Android phones are terrible. Their phone quality poor; the apps are available later than Iphone apps; the camera quality is skimpy and not clear; and most of all, the emojis are ridiculously horrible.

The following quotations that support my thesis are:

- (Android) "They ruin the phones’ potential with unnecessary features and apps that lower the devices’ battery life, uglify their home screens, and make everything you want to do extra annoying".
- "With the way the Android system is evolving by leaps and bounds and finally combining it with decent hardware it’s hard to imagine that they won’t hit a price point with their phones. Where consumers begin to say “eh, I really don’t need to pay more for an iPhone do I?”
- For Android users, "affordability is the biggest reason it is the No. 1 most purchased system in the world".

Antithesis:

My opposition, however, would argue Androids are better than Iphones because all your information is linked into google accounts, which is convenient and great. The reason why I say that it is great is because you can download music - up to 20GB - and it is saved to your google account, which means if you switch to another android phone you won’t lose your music because you can simply connect your google account to the new phone and have all your music back. Charging an android phone is the best part about having them, because they charge very quickly. Some of these phones tend to have bigger screens and a wider body style than the regular iphones. Android phones are better because if you get your phone stolen, you can get the phone back or either buy a new android phone and sign in into your google account. When you sign in to your google account you will recover all your personal stuff like, including photos, music and apps you recently downloaded onto your old phone.


Synthesis:

Where can these two divided sides come together on the seemingly eternal iPhone vs. Android debate? Overall, both phones work the same and are designed, in general, to provide the same functions. The major differences are the style, price and how organized is set up. Both phone companies have the same purpose and goals, which is to provide high quality cellular and smart phone services and products. Additionally, both companies Apple and Google want to satisfy the desires of their customers (new and old). An idea for synthesizing this disagreement so that everyone can enjoy the best of both worlds, is for each company to use the competition to create their own better products. Perhaps, this kind of competitive collaboration could even lead to new products developed by both brands working together. This could truly give customers all of what they're looking for in a phone, not just what each has to offer separately. How cool would an AndrApple or AppDroid phone be?



Citations:
"Why People Pick Team Apple versus Team Android." CNBC. N.p., 19 Jan. 2015. Web. 21 Mar. 2016.
Roche, Cullen. "Here's Why Android Is Better Than My Old IPhone."Business Insider. Business Insider, Inc, 01 Dec. 2011. Web. 21 Mar. 2016.
Manjoo, Farhad. "I Tried Android. Now Give Me Back My IPhone!" N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Mar. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment