Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Summer Day Camp With ICI

On my summer break, I attended Inner City Impact known as ICI which provided me the place to do my community service hours for school. Inner City Impact is a Christian organization/program located in the Logan Square area, where I have been going since the third grade. Inner City Impact is a place of bringing hope to inner city kids and impacting lives to impact generations. I can say ICI is my second home, I go there probably 4-5 times a week. Every summer, ICI does a day camp event for kids in grades K-5th. What they do is group the kids by grade and they rotate after every 30 minutes. Each group is either in a bible lesson, having snacks, crafting or playing a game.

When day camp started, I was very nervous and scared. I was not prepared to handle with parents and so many kids. They had me in charge of signing up kids to attend day camp. The most challenging thing was signing kids up, I was not being prepared to deal with so many children and speak with parents all at the same time. Day camp lasted for a whole month. Every day 100-120 came to have fun and learn about the word of god. I learned to be very patient and understanding with these kids. They got very attached to me very quick and so did I. I got to talk to so many kids and know them pretty well. It made me sad that I had to go because it was done. If I ever have to do more hours I'll definitely do it with Inner City Impact.
D.W (2015). Inner City Impact

D.W (2015). Inner City Impact 




No comments:

Post a Comment