Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

The Resilience

For this unit P'arts Of History I created a lino-cut drawing and made clay walls around my lino-cut and poured cement over my lino-cut drawing. The reason for creating a drawing and making this was because we wanted to see what in Chicago shows resilience. I found a symbol that meant change, life's dynamics for what I think shows resilience to Chicago. I drew this symbol because of the gun violence and shootings happening in every neighborhood in the City. I think that we can all stop the violence and keep


The main purpose of making this drawing was to create, a symbol that shows resilience to Chicago.
The guiding question is "How may you visualize Chicago's resilience today?"

How I identified this guiding question was by drawing a unique symbol to show others how I visualize my Chicago, which means change, Life's dynamics. The causes and effects would be that Chicago does have a lot of bad and good things about it. There is a lot of things that shows resilience to us about Chicago and that's a cause and effect about Chicago. A way that Chicago shows resilience is the new artwork that is being placed in many neighborhoods to show their artwork. Something that can make things better than what they were like when the Chicago fire happened in 1871 by building better buildings for people to use. What Chicago can do to show resilience is help violence, teenagers get good education expand the learning for many people and keep them from joining gangs and using drugs and just violence.


No comments:

Post a Comment